Spinach Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
The buttery crust traditional quiches flaunt can break your calorie bank.
This version of the delectable meal slashes fat and calories without sacrificing savory flavor!
Our Spinach Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes is packed with protein, a dose of essential amino acids, and vitamins like riboflavin and folic acid. Each bite is laden with light and fluffy egg texture. Chewy sun-dried tomatoes and wilted spinach make the dish burst with vibrant flavor and color. It’s the perfect meal to satisfy grumbling tummies!
Whip up these egg-based delights for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We promise that they will receive a warm welcome any time of day.
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Egg whites
- 2 cups Spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (with no liquid)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tspn Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/4 tspn Black Pepper
- 3-4 cups Pastry Flour (whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup Oat Flour (using 1/4 cup rolled oats)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (cold and solid but scoopable, refridgerate prior (optional, pure unsalted butter))
- 2-3 tbsp Ice Cold Water
- 2 tbsp Walnut pieces (optional)
Instructions – for the crust:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place rolled oats in a food processor or blender and pulse until a coarse flour is created.
- Mix together the oat flour with the whole wheat flour and salt. Add the coconut oil in in small pieces at a time.
- Blend with a pastry cutter or hands or pulse in the food processor until pea like crumbles are in the crust. Add the water in small amounts until dough is the right consistency: Dough should be pretty shaggy and dry but come together when pinched between the forefinger and thumb.
- Form the dough into a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. Don’t worry if dough is shaggy, it will come together more after refrigeration. Roll dough out onto a floured work surface. Place the quiche/pie pan on top of the dough, upside down, and cut a circle. Carefully turn over and press the dough into the pie pan and trim the edges.
- Use a fork to crimp the outer edges of the crust or use fingers and fold over edges. Add the quiche mixture (recipe below).
Instructions – for the quiche filling:
- Heat onion and garlic in a skillet with olive oil for about 5 minutes, until onion is softened and translucent. Add spinach and cook, just until wilted. Remove from heat. Mix in sun-dried tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, beat/whisk egg whites until very frothy. Whisk whole eggs in a separate bowl. Combine the eggs and whites. Add parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Fold in the spinach tomato mixture and pour into the pie shell. Bake for 25 minutes or until set in the center and golden at the edges.
- If desired, sprinkle with walnut pieces 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre
Station Approach, Broadstone
Poole, Dorset BH18 8AX
Lifewise Gym YMCA Bournemouth
56 Westover Rd
Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BS
SB Fitness 01202 282726
Contact Us Here
Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 – 18:00