Tomato Spinach Shrimp Pasta
Tomato Spinach Shrimp Pasta — Bold flavors star in this one pot dinner, ready in 30 minutes.
Al dente pasta is tossed with spicy grilled shrimps, tomatoes, fresh spinach, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. From all our healthy dinner recipes, this one is sure to become your new favorite!
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Jordan Love
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 220 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 220 g pene or spaghetti
- 2 tbsp high quality olive oil, optional
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat.
- Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning and salt in the skillet and cook on medium heat until shrimp is grilled cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juice.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasoning, if needed. Cover with a lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add grilled shrimp back and drizzle with good quality olive oil just before serving, for an extra taste. Serve the shrimp pasta immediately, enjoy!
Keep pasta al dente because they will soak up a bit of the sauce. Also don’t overcook shrimp at the beginning, otherwise they will dry up.
The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre
Station Approach, Broadstone
Poole, Dorset BH18 8AX
Lifewise Gym YMCA Bournemouth
56 Westover Rd
Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BS
SB Fitness 01202 282726
Contact Us Here
Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 – 18:00