Spicy Shrimp and Broccoli Mash
Spicy Shrimp and Broccoli Mash — Packed full of flavor, this low carb, paleo dinner will blow you away.
Spicy, savoury shrimp are cooked just right, until they’re perfectly tender, and served on top of a creamy broccoli mash specked with Parmesan. Dinner’s ready!
Author: Jordan Love
For the Broccoli Mash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 6 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
For the Shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, or dried garlic
- 1 tsp crushed chilli pepper flakes
- 1 knob fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- For the broccoli: Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the broccoli and garlic. Saute for a minute or two, until the garlic is really fragrant. Add 2 cups broth and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until soft.
- Drain broccoli florets and garlic and transfer to a food processor. Add a tablespoon heavy cream and pulse until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding few tablespoons of broth if needed. Stir in the salt and Parmesan cheese, pulse once more and set aside.
- For the shrimp: In a large skillet, add the olive oil over medium heat. Make sure to pat the shrimp dry. Add shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, chilli pepper flakes, to taste. Cook for a few minutes on both sides, then add 2 tablespoons water or broth to the pan to de-glaze the browned bits and spices to coat the shrimp.
- Serve the shrimp over a couple spoonfuls of broccoli mash and garnish with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre
Station Approach, Broadstone
Poole, Dorset BH18 8AX
Lifewise Gym YMCA Bournemouth
56 Westover Rd
Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BS
SB Fitness 01202 282726
Contact Us Here
Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 – 18:00