Grilled Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Salad
What’s more satisfying than biting into a juicy, flavorful turkey burger?
When trying to live a healthy lifestyle, burgers might be out of the picture. However, subbing lean ground turkey in for conventional meat slashes that mega-calorie tally and delivers a great dose of satisfying protein. This grilled turkey burger recipe calls for clean ingredients like chopped parsley, crunchy onions, and garlic. These grilled turkey burgers are packed with nutrients and offer that rich, meaty flavor you crave without upping your cholesterol levels.
We’ve paired our recipe with a lovely cucumber salad. Bright, refreshing cucumbers and tomatoes are dressed with chives and coated with a splash of lime juice. The garden-fresh side forms a perfect flavor combo with the turkey burgers!
- 1 pound Ground Lean Turkey
- 1 Large Egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs or Panko (plain whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup Onions (grated or finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Canola Oil or Cooking Spray (to lightly coat the pan or grill)
- 1 Cucumber (diced small)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Chives or Green Onions
- 1 Medium-Sized Ripe Tomato (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients for turkey burgers, except olive oil.
- Form into 4 to 5 patties
- Sprinkle each patty on both sides with olive oil, using fingers to coat. Lightly oil grates of grill.
- Set grill to medium-high heat or place a lightly-oiled skillet or grill pan on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Add patties to grill or skillet and cover (cover if using the grill) and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for cucumber salad. Serve room temperature or chill until serving
The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre
Station Approach, Broadstone
Poole, Dorset BH18 8AX
Lifewise Gym YMCA Bournemouth
56 Westover Rd
Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BS
SB Fitness 01202 282726
Contact Us Here
Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 – 18:00