10 tips to help you sleep better
We all know what it feels like not having enough sleep.
Because all you want to do is get back into bed and catch up on lost sleep. Not only having little sleep lowers your ability to think, it has many negative health effects on the body as a whole.
Anyhow! at a physical level these 10 tips can help…
- Make sure you eat well throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels stable. If not, you could wake up in the middle of the night with low blood sugar and feeling very hungry.
- Try not to have any or too much caffeine after 3 or 4 pm. This can stop your melatonin (relaxation hormone) levels from rising, which helps you to fall asleep.
- Be careful doing heavy, heavy weight lifting after 3 pm as this has the same effect as having caffeine late in the afternoon.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and just before going bed.
- Drink some calming teas such as peppermint and chamomile tea before going to bed.
- Have a (FREE) massage as this really helps the body to relax more.
- Think about using magnetic sleep technologies.
- Have a nice relaxing bath with magnesium bath salts, lavender and chamomile before going to bed.
- Be in bed (and asleep) by 10 to 11 pm most nights and try to keep in a regular sleep pattern.
- Checkout my other eight top health tips.