Griddled chicken with almond courgetti recipe
A virtuous supper of simple griddled chicken breast served alongside a broccoli, courgetti, almond and raisin salad.
This fuss-free and delicious family meal is ready in just 30 minutes.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Servings: 4 prople
Calories: 317 kcal
Author: Jordan Love
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 lemons, zested
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or chilli flakes
For the salad
- 1 broccoli head, broken into florets, stalk cut into thin batons
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 25 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 50 g raisins
- 250 g tub courgette spaghetti
For the dressing
- 1.5 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- To make the salad, cook the broccoli and garlic in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli is al dente. Drain and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sandwich each chicken breast between 2 sheets of clingfilm on a chopping board. Using a rolling pin, bash until flattened to about 1/2cm (1/4in) thick. Rub with the olive oil, sprinkle with the lemon zest and thyme or chilli. Season well.
- To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, oil and sugar in a bowl with some seasoning.
- Put the broccoli, garlic, almonds, raisins and courgette in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat; set aside until needed.
- Heat a griddle pan on the hob. Add the chicken and griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through with no pink meat showing. Serve the chicken with the courgetti.
The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre
Station Approach, Broadstone
Poole, Dorset BH18 8AX
Lifewise Gym YMCA Bournemouth
56 Westover Rd
Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BS
SB Fitness 01202 282726
Contact Us Here
Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 – 18:00