Easy to make – Healthy Pad Thai with a twist
This dish is packages full of nutritious green leafy veg, peppers and spices as well as the secret ingredient of peanut butter which creates a lovely nutty sauce.
Keep your spices already chopped in the freezer and you can use as much as you need without wasting what you don’t need. It also makes the dish super quick to make.
Nutritional highlights of this easy to make noodle dish – The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to sooth the digestive system and it can also help to reduce the pain from muscle induced exercise. The spicy hotness of chilli also helps to kick-start your body’s fat burners and if you start to include it regularly in your meals it can really help with weight-loss. Like the ginger, chilli is also good for digestion and it acts as a natural pain relief! Chicken is the dieters friend thanks to being high in protein and low in fat. The rainbow of coloured veg in this dish provide plenty of additional nutrients and who knew that peanut butter was so good for you? Nuts are good for the heart, and they are also high in antioxidants and they keep you fuller for longer.
Serves 4 people
- or 2 large Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 desert spoon diced ginger (frozen and already diced is best)
- 1 desert spoon diced garlic (frozen and already diced is best)
- 1 heaped teaspoon chilli (frozen and already diced is best)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced in strips.
- 1 large red pepper
- 3 carrots cut into strips
- 1 pak-choi sliced into strips
- a handful of chopped coriander
- 1-2 pkts of ready for the wok noodles
- 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Cut the chicken breast into 2 cm cubes.
- Pour in the sesame oil and heat the wok
- As you add each ingredient keep stirring at all times.
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds then add the peppers.
- Add the chicken and brown.
- Add the sliced carrots
- Turn the heat down and melt the peanut butter and coat the veg
- Add the pak choi.
- Pour in the soy sauce.
- Add the ready noodles to the pan and stir round to coat.
- Finally add the finely sliced coriander and serve.
You can add you choice of other veg including spinach, mushrooms and courgettes and substitute chicken for prawns or white fish depending on your taste.