Thanks to Melanie Smith the SB Fitness nutrition consultant for this healthy snack recipe. To hear more of Melanie recipes follow our foodie Friday posts on the SB Fitness Facebook Page. You can also book a consultation with Melanie. Just get in touch.
Melanies’ Healthy Veggie and Gluten Free Lasagna Recipe…
You will need…
- 2 small (100g) courgette, cut lengthways into 1cm thick slices
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin + Sweet Potato Puree, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g green beans, ends trimmed and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 125 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 200 g fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 cups mixed leaves, to serve
How to make…
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Grease a small loaf pan or baking dish.
- Toss courgette in oil and place on prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just tender. Reduce oven to 180°/320°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and green beans. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and peas and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine ricotta, spinach mixture, basil and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line base of prepared loaf pan or baking dish with half the courgette slices. Top with a half the ricotta mixture followed by Pumpkin + Sweet Potato Puree. Add remaining courgette slices followed by remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until mozzarella is melted and golden.
- Place half in a container for lunch tomorrow. Serve with mixed leaves.