Super quick and healthy lunch – Eggy Muggy
If you are pushed for time but you still want to ensure that your lunch is nutritious and delicious try this super quick ‘Eggy Muggy’
Thanks to Melanie Smith the SB Fitness nutrition consultant for this healthy snack or lunch recipe. To hear more of Melanie recipes follow our foodie Friday posts on the SB Fitness Facebook Page. You can also book a consultation with Melanie. Just get in touch.
Nutritional highlights of this healthy lunch food -This dish whilst incredibly simple to make is packed full of nutrients and especially iron. The eggs are a great source of protein and iron and the green vegetables make the iron in the egg easier for the body to absorb. Wash it down with a glass or orange juice for even better absorption of the iron..
Melanies’ Healthy Snack Recipe…
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon broccoli, shredded with a knife
- 1 teaspoon grated cheddar, parmesan or feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Place the green veggies, cheese of choice, salt and pepper into a mug. Crack in the eggs and lightly whisk all together.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.