Cod fillets with a summery salsa salad
This summer seasonal diet dish has plenty of nutrition, it is really easy to make, low in fat but high in protein thanks to the white fish. It is also very rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants thanks to the array of colourful fruits in the salad.
Nutritional highlights of this summer seasonal diet dish – Thanks to the range of colours in the salad there is plenty of nutrition. Avocados are packed full of goodness and as part of a healthy diet and they can even help you to lose weight. There are so many benefits to eating avocados it is hard to know where to begin! They contain more potassium than a banana, they are filled with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, they contain loads of fibre and they can even lower your cholesterol. They also contain antioxidants and can even protect your skin from sun damage! Mangos and peaches are also rich in fibre and contain an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
White fish is widely considered to be the perfect source of protein for anyone who is on a diet, thanks to the fact that it is very low in fat and very high in protein.
Serves 2 people
- 2 Skinless cod fillets
- 1 lime
- 1 mango or 2 peaches.
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cucumber
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli
- 2 spring onions
- a handful of chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c
- Put the fish fillets in to an ovenproof dish.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime and grate the zest.
- Pour half the the lime juice and zest over the fish.
- Season with black pepper and put in the oven to bake for 8 minutes.
- Peel, stone and chop the mango or peach.
- De-stone the avocado and chop
- Chop up the cucumber
- Quarter the tomatoes
- finely chop and deseed the chilli
- Finely slice the spring onion.
- Combine all the chopped ingredients together add the remaining lime juice and zest.
- Serve the salad then top with the cod, pouring the juices from the fish over the dish.