Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken
This savory Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken swoops to the rescue on busy nights.
It’s quick, easy, and appeals to the whole family.
Juicy, bold veggies like sliced bell peppers and tender green beans cook to perfection in sesame oil and garlic. Add chicken strips, and the meat absorbs the vegetables’ wonderful juicy flavors. Complete the dish by topping it with scrumptious scallions, cilantro, and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
This colorful stir-fry boasts a beautiful presentation. The fiber-rich veggies and protein-packed chicken make it a super satisfying meal. Stir up a batch and serve!
- 1 tbsp Canola or Coconut Oil
- 2 tspn Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce (clean-eating, divided, homemade or store-bought)
- 1 pound Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, sliced into strips)
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper (stemmed, seeded and sliced into strips)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 cups Fresh Green Beans (stemmed and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Scallions (sliced diagonally or chopped Cilantro)
- 1/8 cup Sesame Seeds
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Coat chicken strips in half the teriyaki sauce. Add oil to a pan or wok over medium heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add green beans and water or chicken stock to the pan. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until beans are crisp-tender. Add sesame oil and peppers to the pan with the beans. Cook uncovered for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and remaining teriyaki sauce, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to pan and add remaining teriyaki sauce. Cook for one minute, until warmed. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Garnish with scallions or cilantro.
- Serve with brown rice or noodles.Enjoy!
The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre
Station Approach, Broadstone
Poole, Dorset BH18 8AX
Lifewise Gym YMCA Bournemouth
56 Westover Rd
Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BS
SB Fitness 01202 282726
Contact Us Here
Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 08:00 – 18:00